Paddle Poker Run
The 2016 Paddle Poker Run will be held Saturday, September 10 to benefit the QQLA's efforts to improve and maintain the water quality of both lakes: Quaboag and Quacumquasit.
Read more >
QQLA Board of Directors Meeting was on July 21
Click here for the minutes.
Birdwatching on North and South Ponds
Lakes Quaboag and Quacumquasit, known to the locals as North and South Pond, contain some of the best bird watching spots throughout the seasons.
Read More >
Spencer Waste Water Treatment Plant
Current progress: Don will be contacting our legal advisor; Don will report next month. Robin Johnson from EPA walked the treatment plant site recently. Don has spoken with her and she states the old wetbeds need serious work. Robin hopes to have the draft report by Spring 2016 for the new permit for the Spencer Waste Water Treatment Plant (SWWTP)
Read More >
Click here for a PDF of the May, 2016 QQLA newsletter.
Past News >
Welcome to QQLA
QQLA is a volunteer, non-profit organization of nearly 200 member families dedicated to preserving and protecting the quality of our two lakes (Quaboag and Quacumquasit are better known as North and South Ponds, and are located in Brookfield, East Brookfield and Sturbridge Massachusetts) and the surrounding watershed through the promotion of responsible, effective environmental policies.
Maintain healthy lake environment and water quality though regular water testing.
* Monitor for invasive vegetation species, algae, and phosphorus and other pollutants.
* Use best practices to manage water quality issues.
* Educate the lake community on best environmental practices.
* Communicate and coordinate our activities with the three towns, Brookfield, East Brookfield and Sturbridge and the Mass DEP.
* Foster and encourage a sense of community for QQLA members.
* Monitor water flow direction.
* Participate with East Brookfield in the operation of the flow barrier to prevent high water backflow into South Pond.
We invite you to tour this website and learn more about QQLA activities and encourage your involvement in QQLA.